Sunday, June 26, 2022

Lucky Lotto Sweater

Last year, my life took a huge u-turn which has brought about many changes.

Lovely SunnyJim felt I could do with a pick-me-up and bought me a Lotto ticket, which went on to win $70. (BTW, this is the first and last ticket for me. I personally frown on gambling, and figure this is the only winnings I will ever have, so get out while I'm ahead.)

Countrywide Mandala variegated wool sweater

I wanted to use this money for something meaningful. Countrywide Mandala variegated wool had caught my eye while buying thread in Sewing Direct sometime earlier, and the winnings covered the cost of yarn for a new sweater. The pattern is the same one I always use, with a few personal adjustments.

The fit is perfect, it's so soft and warm, I wear it often.

Love it, love it love it.

2 comments:

Lyndle said...

I love it! Great choice of wool. And a good pattern - I never would have realised it from the strange pattern picture. Yours is much more appealing!

juxtapose nz said...

Third time's the charm with this pattern, Lyndle. To achieve the fit I like, I now make the largest size, lengthen the body by about 20 rows and lower the front neck by 10 rows.