Tuesday, April 19, 2022

New job, new shirt

Vintage Butterick 9899 herringbone white shirt

New job jitters had me rummaging through the stash for something fresh to wear on my first day with Big Govt, which also meant an ID photo would be taken - ughh!

Gifted to me, I’ve been saving this lovely piece of cotton shirting for the right occasion, and now was it. It’s slightly off-white (so wouldn’t flare in the photo) with a subtle herringbone stripe weave.


For the pattern, I chose Butterick 9899 with the same adjustments I made here (lengthen the sleeve, adding a cuff, etc), but this time squared off the hem with a side seam vent at the hem. The mother-of-pearl shell buttons are also from the stash.



Nice understated shirt, for $0, plus the photo turned out pretty good, so pluses all around.

No comments: