Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Look! I made a ... Muumuu?

batik tunic dress - New Look 6803, view D

One of those occasions where I started out making one thing, but ended up with something completely different.

When I saw the batik fabric in Spotlight, I originally envisioned another one of these - a basic kaftan shirt. However, mid-September was hot and muggy, so I changed my mind. Using the same pattern - New Look 6803 - View D, I cut out a basic tunic-y style dress, shortening the sleeves, shortened the front opening (as suggested the last time I blogged about this pattern), and even managed to squeeze out a couple of pockets. But because I hadn't bought quite enough fabric for the my new bright idea, I needed to add a back yoke to bring the length to the knees. I also turned the front facing to the inside for a cleaner look.

I wore the dress a couple times before October arrived (= cold, wet and windy), and it's heaven! Cool, loose and comfy. The fabric's still a bit stiff, but given a couple more washes and wears, it will be perfect. Roll on summer! 

No comments: