Monday, May 20, 2019

Vintage 60's Butterick 3012 and the blue wool jacket


While spring cleaning my computer, I found a file of old garment photos which hadn't been posted about for one reason or other.
I planned to do a re-shoot of this blue wool blend jacket because the original images weren't particularly flattering. However, a year down the track, said jacket has been thoroughly worn, so I'm posting just the best image.
Made in wool blend fabric unused from another project, it's really a trial of vintage 1960's pattern Butterick 3012, which was gifted to me. In hindsight, I should have graded it down a couple of sizes as I knew it was too big. I didn't, and as a result I've lost the funnel-neck collar because it needed taking in so much. It's now a regular collarless jacket with funky raglan seams.
Oh well, that's why you trial.

I wear it anyway, it's a great colour, warm and the Pucci-inspired lining always brightens my day (left-over from a pre-blog coat).