Sunday, July 26, 2020

The Nirvana Sweater

If there was one thing I was determined to finish during lockdown, it was this sweater for SunnyJim.

The Nirvana Sweater

It's been knocking around since last year, picked up and abandoned several times in favour of "newer, shiny things". To be honest, I disliked working with the yarn (from Spotlight), even though it's a lovely colour and 100% wool, it was heavy, and not particlarly soft to handle.

I made the pattern up as I went along, and decided on the basket weave front to stop me dying of boredom while knitting. So much knitting!

However, once I handed it over, he loved it immediately and nicknamed it his "Kurt Cobain sweater" (even pulled out his guitar and had a noodle). He puts it on almost every evening shortly after walking in the door, these nights have been so chilly.

Must admit, it's not my best work, but it's DONE.

No comments: