Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Blue Wool Pintucked Dress - Simplicity 8165


Earlier this year, I made a summery, short sleeved dress in linen and Simplicity 8165. Much loved, upon completion I decided to make a winter edition.
The blue wool crepe is from the stash, another score from Fabric-a-Brac. Following my notes from the first use of this pattern, I cut a size 6(!!) long sleeved version. I elongated the cuffs after seeing this picture of the Duchess of Cambridge, but I wouldn't recommend copying this look - it takes a bit of gymnastics to get all the buttons done up each time. Mostly, I roll the sleeves because I don't have time/can't be bothered.
I'm a bit meh about the dress -  it always feels a bit "Little House on the Prairie" nightgown-ish. But it's comfortable and I wear it often anyway.