Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Paisley frock - New Look 6942

Each christmas, I like to make a new frock to wear to my families knees-up, something bright and breezy with plenty of room to accommodate all the yummy food thats on offer.


This years dress is made using fabric bought through TradeMe in New Look 6942 which is yet another of my St Vinnies purchases.

Although I love this frock and it gets heaps of compliments, its the fabric that "makes it". I doubt I'll use the pattern again - the under bust seams fall in the wrong place for me, the side seams swing to the front at the hem, and the facings kept flapping open at the neckline (hence the beads - the only way I could think of to nicely hold it closed without unpicking). And to be honest, as I've got so many other unused patterns I like more than this one, I can't justify spending the time correcting it.

As the saying goes, “You win some, you lose some.”

2 comments:

MrsC (Maryanne) said...

Was this fabric a cotton voile? It looks very familiar to me as one I bought at Spotties years ago in Christchurch! Also, are you a member of the Wellington Sewing Bloggers Network, and if not, would you like to be? :)

juxtapose nz said...

Yes, I think I would like to join the WSBN. From time to time see things they've been up to - looks like fun!
Fabric isn't as sheer as voile - more of a pure cotton poplin? Has a lovely polished finish, too.