Monday, April 8, 2013

Stashbusting 1, 2..!

... a new work-appropriate skirt with pockets in the side seams.
The navy blue wool was left over from a nehru-style suit I made ages ago for SunnyJim, and the lining was left overs from the lining used in this.
I made the pattern as well, and was orginally going to topstitch the basque, but after trying it on I decided it was unlikely I’d ever wear the skirt with it visible so didn’t bother. Because the wool’s fairly heavy and stiff (which i knew would make the pleats stick out a bit) I made the basque quite deep to reduce bulk around the hips and tummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment